Are you in the market for a new residential roof? Some of the most popular roofing options for homes tend to be roof shingles and metal roofs. When we decide on a new roof, one of the biggest factors is cost. If you are choosing between metal and shingle roofing, which one is cheaper. Roof shingles are by far the more affordable roofing material; the average prices range around $90 to $100 per roofing square, whereas the average prices for metal roofs are $270 to $900. While metal roofing is more expensive in regards to materials and installation, you actually get a lot of bang for your buck. The reason homeowners decide to go with metal roofs is that they are long-lasting. Shingle roofing has to be replaced more frequently, while metal roofing can last up to 50 years or more. Find out more about the advantages of metal roofs over shingles.
Advantages of Metal Roofs Over Shingles
- Energy Efficiency: With a metal roof, you are able to save money on your cooling bills.
- Infrequent Repairs: Because of how sturdy a metal roof is, you don’t have to worry about getting your roof repaired too often.
- Fire Resistant: Fires can prove to be deadly if your home catches on fire, but a metal roof can keep you safe as they are resistant to fire.
- Wind Resistant: Not only is metal roofing fire resistant, it is also wind resistant, which is something that is important for homes in Texas.
- Eco-Friendly: Because you only have to replace metal roofs every 50 years or so, you are taking an active part in keeping the environment safe. Also, metal is 100% recyclable.
If you are worried about not being able to have your satellite dish or cellular signal boosters like WilsonPro Boosters, you have nothing to worry about! You can still have things installed on your roof even if you have a metal roof. To set up an appointment for metal roof installation in Montgomery, AL, call Innovative Construction Pros at (334) 274-8485.